As with most of my great recipes, this one comes from my mom. I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t adore a good Rice Krispie Treat, and this recipe really kicks them up with white chocolate and crushed Oreos…the perfect jazzed up, easy treat that kids and adults go crazy over.
1 stick of margarine
2 16oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups of Rice Krispies
2 sleeves of Oreos
2 bags of GOOD white chocolate chips (Guittard or Ghiradelli)
1. Crush one sleeve of Oreos (not into fine pieces, still a little chunky).
2. Melt the margarine in a large pot.
3. Stir in the marshmallows until melted, don’t burn!
4. Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies and crushed Oreos.
5. Once mixed, press into a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
6. Crush another sleeve of Oreos (leave kind of chunky).
7. Melt 2 bags of white chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments and stir. Continue until melted.
8. When melted, spread on top of the Rice Krispies, then quickly sprinkle the Oreos on top.
9. Let dry for at least one hour.
Need more recipes? Click here!