Another part of our VisitYpsi tour was trying fantastic food. One of my favorite spots on the tour was Red Rock Downtown BBQ. I found it positively delicious!
- Deconstructed Wedge: forget about iceberg, this wedge really took things up a notch with the baby romaine lettuce, smoked blue cheese, smoked bacon and tomato with a balsamic dressing ($8). Plenty big to share with 2-3 people.
- Pulled Pork entree: I love smoked, pulled pork, how can you not? Mine had a little excess fat but the flavor and texture were fantastic. It comes with 2 sides ($13).
- Mac and Cheese: I ordered this as one of my sides and it was heavenly. The sauce was flavorful but not too heavy and the pasta was cooked perfectly. ($13 for a full portion, $3 for a side dish).
- Sweet Potato Mash: I love sweet potatoes and it was nice to see a mash on the menu instead of fries only. I loved the brown sugary but not too sweet, whipped flavor ($3).
- Cornbread. The cornbread muffins have fresh corn kernels inside the batter and a honey flavor. They almost tasted like dessert and I happily helped myself to more than one ($3, comes with 2).
- Green Beans. I was expecting wilty looking, over cooked beans, but these long fresh veggies looked fantastic ($3).
Sample the BBQ sauce. I love trying different types of BBQ sauce and there were 5 options on our table. I wish they were labeled, but I found one I really loved along with the mustard BBQ sauce to jazz up a few bites of my mac and cheese.
Bring the kids. There are fully equipped for your little diners. They have plenty of kid friendly items on the big menu (the sides are especially good for children) or they have a kids menu consisting of Mac and Cheese or any flavor slider, one side dish and a drink all for $5, what a deal!
If you go.
Address. 207 West Michigan Ave. Ypsilanti, MI
Hours. Monday-Saturday 11am-2am, Sunday 12pm-12am
Parking. There is no onsite parking but you can find plenty of parking on the street or in close by lots.
Specials. Red Rock has lots of fun specials depending on the day. Check them out!
Catering and Events.
Interested in other great spots to eat? Click here.