We love Mexican food around here, and this quick weeknight meal was a huge hit at our house! Hope your family loves it too!
24 small corn tortillas
3 cups of shredded chicken (can use a rotisserie)
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup of your favorite salsa (we like Jack’s Special from Costco)
4 cups colby jack cheese
1 12 oz. can of mild green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of honey
1. Cut the tortillas into strips (easiest to do with a pizza cutter).
2. Mix the chicken, black beans, and salsa together in a bowl.
3. In a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray, layer 1/2 of the tortilla strips, then the chicken mixture, 2 1/2 cups of the cheese, and then the remainder of the tortilla strips.
4. Mix together the enchilada sauce, milk and honey. Whisk until smooth and combined (I personally like a little more sauce, but this is the right amount for my family).
5. Pour the sauce over the top of the tortilla strips and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake at 375 degrees…covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 20 minutes.
This can easily be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until cooking time. It also freezes well. A super easy, tasty dinner!