Growing up we did not over-do traditions. We had a few that we really liked and kept them fun and simple so we all looked forward to them. I have adopted that philosophy with my family…I don’t want to be so burned out trying to create fun memories that nothing feels fun :). It seems like we have a good, happy medium around here too.
These Halloween ghost suckers were some of my favorite things to make as a kid, and as a parent, they are still that perfectly simple kind of fun.
Here is how:
1. Buy the white chocolate candy melts and sucker sticks from a craft or candy store and some mini chocolate chips.
2. Draw some simple, spooky ghost patterns on a white sheet of paper.
3. Lay a piece of wax paper over the white paper.
4. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in a glass dish for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until completely melted.
5. Let the kids use a spoon to fill in the ghost shapes. Make sure the chocolate is thick enough to ensure the ghost suckers don’t crumble.
6. Stick a sucker stick in the bottom of the ghost (don’t press down) and cover the stick with more white chocolate.
7. Add some chocolate chip eyes.
8. Wait for the ghosts to dry and peel them off the wax paper.
9. You can wrap them individually or eat them right away! A super fun and easy Halloween treat.